Does your community organisation have a project which could benefit from funding?
Expressions of Interest for round three of the Stronger Communities Programme are now open!
The grants programme will deliver $150,000 to fund small capital projects in the electorate of Curtin over the 2017/2018 financial year. Examples of projects which may be funded under the programme include:
- construction and fit-out of men’s sheds;
- fit-out of community centres, health centres including kitchen upgrades and equipment purchases such as computers, TVs and furniture and fittings;
- sporting facility upgrades including new scoreboards, seating, new turf, fit-out out of changes rooms, new canteen, new lights, upgrade water systems, gymnasiums, skate parks; streetscapes;
- bike paths; or
- purchase of equipment for local SES.
Eligible applicants can apply for funding of at least $2,500 and up to a maximum of $20,000. Applicants must be able to demonstrate matched funding for the project, in cash or in-kind. The co-funding grants will be available for capital expenditure on projects that deliver social benefits and improve community participation and cohesion.
How do I apply?
Applying for a Curtin Stronger Communities Grant is a two-step process.
- Fill out an Expression of Interest which will be considered by the Community Consultative Committee.
- Successful EOI applications will be invited to submit a formal submission to the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
If you have a project that you think may be eligible, please review the Stronger Communities Programme guidelines before filling out an EOI form. Expressions of interest for round two of the programme are currently open and close 7 August 2017.
For more information about the Stronger Communities Programme, please contact the office on 08 9388 0288 or email [email protected]