The Turnbull Government is making the right choices to ensure our nation’s economic growth continues, so we can secure better days ahead for hardworking Curtin residents.
“Our economic growth has been hard won and we have consistently outperformed the largest advanced economies in the world but we shouldn’t take our success for granted. We are helping hardworking Western Australians with a plan for more and better jobs, by securing the essential services they rely on and by easing cost of living pressures,” said Federal Member for Curtin and Foreign Minister Julie Bishop.
“The 2017 Budget delivers for the 21,256 small businesses in Curtin by providing funding to incentivise the State Government to cut red tape and extending the instant asset write-off for a further 12 months.” Minister Bishop said.
“A new Skilling Australians Fund will help train apprentices in key trades to get more young Australians into work and help local businesses grow. Approximately 700 Australians aged 15-24 looking for a job or looking for work in Curtin will benefit from this.
The Turnbull Government’s 2017 Budget secures essential services including affordable, accessible child care for 5,900 families in Curtin with a simplified Child Care Package. Under an agreement for early childhood education, more than 1,766 children will benefit from an additional $2.2 million in funding for preschool education in Curtin,” Minister Bishop said.
Highlights of the Budget include:
• Fully funding the NDIS to provide a secure future for Australians with a disability – directly helping an estimated 1,910 people in the Curtin electorate once fully rolled out;
• Medicare Guarantee Fund to pay for Medicare and medicines only;
• $70 billion investment in transport infrastructure across Australia, reducing congestion, revitalising our cities and growing our regions;
• A $10 billion National Rail Program to better connect our cities, regions and create new opportunities for housing;
• Reforms to continue to ensure multinationals pay their fair share of tax – it is expected this will raise more than $4 billion in total this financial year.
- Federal Member for Curtin’s Office: Kate Barcham (08) 9388 0288